Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Did the ENDYN mod even do anything?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After about 1,677 people telling me to lower boost, I did. I went from 15lbs (3.2" blower pulley and ENDYN stepper) to 11lbs (3.8" pulley and ENDYN Stepper).

    DAMN! The car runs SOOOO much better. Not really any faster. Just much smoother and "happier" feeling, if that makes sense.

    After nearly scorching my hand off at the wrist (thanks Jim) checking the intake temps after a short drive, I realized that maybe the TOO mods are not as good as they claim. So I went along with everyone elses opinion, and lowered back down to 11lbs.

    When I pulled the blower out, you can tell there was work done to the blower itself. However the intake manifold appears to be untouched (I took pics, although you can't really see much). Besides lowering boost, the larger pulley slows boost reaction greatly (My belt size went up to a 640mm! Easy to find, and NO slipping problems. At least the stepper appears to be a good idea.). Could this be the secret to TOO's claim of the mod creating boost quicker? A smaller pulley? It sure appears to be in my case.

    The car is getting a PMS and 440cc injectors right now, with some serious tuning. Hopefully things will get better.

    For now... Don't spend your $1500 just yet.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Might try Hondata... of course, it is kind of a band wagon thing right now... Glad to hear that the car is running better...

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC , 320cc injectors, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, TPS trick in the works, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
    ...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member strng1dah's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 1999
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    man dude that sucks to find out you spent 1500 dollars for next to nothing. frown I was close to contacting larry about sending my blower out ot him...I am more then glad that i didnt end up doing that.

    I hope all works out for the best.

    ------------------
    2000 No Longer SC'd GSR
    Soon to have shiny pipes courtesy of Drag.
    www.strng1dah.homestead.com

  4. #4
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually I have an Endyn modified JRSC running at 10psi. I will be doing a side by side dyno run with another SI running a unmodified JRSC at 10psi both with HonData units.

    This should once and for all put to rest the controversy and I sure as hell hope I did not blow $1500!

    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1QuickSI:
    Actually I have an Endyn modified JRSC running at 10psi. I will be doing a side by side dyno run with another SI running a unmodified JRSC at 10psi both with HonData units.

    This should once and for all put to rest the controversy and I sure as hell hope I did not blow $1500!

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I personally think that ENDYN modified JRSC helps...but never up to whatever he claimed on this message board...good up to 22psi or something..Psssshhhh...

    I'd really be interested to result of the comparision. As a matter of fact, Hondata datalogger should show us the actual intake temp...see how much "cooler" his modified JRSC really is.

    ------------------
    It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    11PSI: Can we see those pics? Especially of the exit area. I am pretty curious about how yours looks as compared to the "Damaged Blower" article on TOO's site.

    1QUICK: I am really curious to see these results! Especially with the Hondata to be able to log the intake temps and see if the TOO mods actually do lower intake temps, not to mention HP differences.

    I did extensive research about the ENDYN blower mods and planned on trying to emulate them when I got my blower. In the end I decided against it. I'm glad I did.

    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    Houston, TX
    '94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 6 PSI, Cartech FMU, AEM fuel rail and homemade CAI
    (ENDYN stepper pully, GS 342 and RC 310's in the garage waiting)

  7. #7
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randomwalk101:
    I personally think that ENDYN modified JRSC helps...but never up to whatever he claimed on this message board...good up to 22psi or something..Psssshhhh...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    The Endyn modified JRSC is supposed to max out at 17psi. His SC is some where around 22-24 if I remember correctly.



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  8. #8
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 11psiGSR:
    When I pulled the blower out, you can tell there was work done to the blower itself. However the intake manifold appears to be untouched (I took pics, although you can't really see much). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    There was a photo place online but I forgot the URL of it. Many people use it and they recently went to a pay system but I have pictures of the Endyn modified SC and manifold. That is if I can get to them still... Someone know of the site I am refering to???



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  9. #9
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1QuickSI:
    There was a photo place online but I forgot the URL of it. Many people use it and they recently went to a pay system but I have pictures of the Endyn modified SC and manifold. That is if I can get to them still... Someone know of the site I am refering to???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Brain fart... Got the pic off Photopoint. They are low res but I will uplaod them to the server and post them. Should give you an idea...



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  10. #10
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Cool

    Sorry about the quality...

    pic1
    .
    pic2
    .
    pic3
    .
    pic4
    .
    pic5
    .
    pic6
    .
    pic7

    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •